Because I have a blog

and this has bugged the shit out of me for two years.
Based on the 'E. Annie Proulx' story about a forbidden and secretive relationship between two cowboys and their lives over the years.
I haven't seen the movie. It didn't exactly call to me, if you know what I mean.
I know I'm just an ignorant Texican and shouldn't be allowed to have opinions on such things...
But.

Shouldn't cowboys be herding....

Oh crap!

What's the word? What's the word?

It's right on the tip of my tongue...

Uhmmm....

COWS!?!





"It's the summer of 1963. Two young men first meet when they find work sheep-herding on Brokeback Mountain..."

They were not cowboys they were fucking shepherds!

I understand that to folks who have never seen either animal upclose and personal this may seem to be a distinction without a difference.



Allow me to explain.




COW

Sheep

Comments

  1. Umm...In all the cowboy movies I have seen, the "cows" have pointy things sticking out the sides of their heads. Now, when I was a young 'un in Pennsyltucky, we had cows that looked like the one in your pitcher but we did'nt call the ranchers "cowboys", we called 'em dairy farmers. No matter what we called 'em though, they never acted like them sheep herders. What were they thinkin'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as I'm concerned, there's only one reason to refer to the shepherds as "cowboys".

    South Park's characterization, some years earlier, of all independent films as: "Gay cowboys eating pudding".

    I didn't say it was a very GOOD reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the last indy film I enjoyed was Blair Witch.
    "Gay College kids turned into pudding."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking of indy films. Clerks, the first film (I think; I don't follow that kind of thing very close.) by Kevin Smith still makes me laugh. Every time I have to go in on a Friday - an all too frequent event the last two months - whenever anything goes wrong, I find myself thinking "I'm not supposed to BE HERE today."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok,
    I didn't know "Clerks" was indy. It's not like I keep up with this stuff.
    I believe the last time I saw the Oscar winner for best picture was "Titanic"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be civil.

Popular posts from this blog

Because I have a blog